GREENVILLE, S.C. -- The Furman men's tennis team blanked Appalachian State, 7-0, Saturday at the Mickel Tennis Center to extended its winning streak to six matches.
The Paladins swept the doubles matches to open the match. Sophomore Ivan Mitric and junior Jake Munns topped Afonso Viana and Alex Pavkovich, 6-2, at flight one, and juniors Clarke Wilson and Jake Bhangdia recorded a 6-2 advantage over Milo Bargeron and Alex Brea at number two. In the number three slot, sophomores Drew Singerman and Henrik Atlevi blanked Blake Carter and Campbell Stone, 6-0.
In singles play, Furman won all six matches in straight sets. Mitric pushed past Bargeron, 6-2, 6-1, in the top-seeded contest, and Wilson downed Pavkovich, 6-2, 6-4, at flight two. At number three, Munns held off Viana, 6-4, 7-5, and Bhangdia outlasted Stone, 7-5, 6-3, at number four. Singerman defeated Carter, 6-3, 6-2, at flight five, and at number six, Atlevi beat Hart, 6-0, 6-4.
Furman (7-3, 1-0 SoCon) will play host to Georgia Southern Friday at 3 p.m. at the Mickel Tennis Center.
Julie Paré, Furman Sports Information
Furman 7, Appalachian State 0
Feb 23, 2019 at Greenville, S.C. (Mickel Tennis Center)
1. #104 Ivan Mitric (FUR) def. Bargeron, Milo (APP) 6-2, 6-1
2. Clarke Wilson (FUR) def. Pavkovich, Alex (APP) 6-2, 6-4
3. Jake Munns (FUR) def. Viana, Afonso (APP) 6-4, 7-5
4. Jake Bhangdia (FUR) def. Stone, Campbell (APP) 7-5, 6-3
5. Drew Singerman (FUR) def. Carter, Blake (APP) 6-3, 6-2
6. Henrik Atlevi (FUR) def. Hart, Will (APP) 6-0, 6-4
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (1,2,4,3,5,6)