GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Furman blanked Limestone, 7-0, Friday at the Mickel Tennis Center in Greenville, S.C.
The Paladins swept the doubles matches to claim the opening point. Freshman Carol Elizabeth Kerman and senior Gabby Rodriguez beat Camille Haus and Laura Aholu, 6-3, in the top-seeded contest, and sophomores Katarina Kozarov and Danni Vines topped Ruby Kubac and Felicitas Picinini, 6-1, at flight two. In the number three match, sophomore Georgie Walker and junior Katty Weymouth downed Alison Walsh and Alexandra Dolfi, 6-1.
Furman won all six singles matches in straight sets. Kozarov defeated Haus, 6-2, 6-2, at flight one, and Weymouth blew past Aholu, 6-0, 6-1, at flight two. At flight three, Vines held off Dolfi, 6-3, 6-2, and at number four, Kerman scored a 6-0, 6-1 victory over Picinini. Rodriguez posted a 6-0, 6-2 advantage versus Walsh at number five, and Walker bested Ana Chirila, 6-0, 6-1, at flight six.
"We did not play our best tennis today, but I am proud of how our team responded to some adversity and battled through," said Furman head coach Adam Herendeen. "We are headed in a good direction, but there are still a lot of areas that we can improve on before the end of the year. We will get a little rest this weekend and then get back to work next week!"
Furman (14-8, 4-0 SoCon) will play at Western Carolina Wednesday at 3 p.m.
Julie Paré, Furman Sports Information
Furman 7, Limestone 0
Mar 30, 2018 at Greenville, S.C. (Mickel Tennis Center)
1. Katarina Kozarov (FUR) def. Camille Haus (LCWT2018) 6-2, 6-2
2. Katty Weymouth (FUR) def. Laura Aholu (LCWT2018) 6-0, 6-1
3. Danni Vines (FUR) def. Alexandra Dolfi (LCWT2018) 6-3, 6-2
4. Carol Eliz. Kerman (FUR) def. Felicitas Picinini (LCWT2018) 6-0, 6-1
5. Gabby Rodriguez (FUR) def. Alison Walsh (LCWT2018) 6-0, 6-2
6. Georgie Walker (FUR) def. Ana Chirila (LCWT2018) 6-0, 6-1
1. Carol Eliz. Kerman/Gabby Rodriguez (FUR) def. Camille Haus/Laura Aholu (LCWT2018) 6-3
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (6,4,5,2,1,3)